Nemo is a compact dive system that supports 1 diver to 10 feet with a rechargeable battery pack that lasts over an hour. Air is drawn from the surface above the water and pumped through the air hose to deliver clean breathing air to a diver up to 10 feet deep.
Nemo’s custom-designed compressor is fully sealed and built to interact with saltwater. Patent pending Smart Reg™ technology enables Nemo to be the world’s smallest dive system and weigh in at only about 10 pounds.
Nemo’s lithium ion battery weighs about 1.2 pounds and can be easily swapped for an additional 60+ minutes of run time. Recharge time is 3 hours or less. The battery is less than 100 Wh (watt-hours) so it can be brought onto an airplane in carry-on luggage.
Nemo’s Smart Reg™ is patent pending and unlike any other diving regulator on the market, and it is what enables Nemo to be more portable and energy efficient than any other dive system on the market. Inside of the Smart Reg™, a waterproofed sensor detects when a diver inhales and it then sends an electronic signal which triggers the compressor to pump air at exactly the time and speed that the diver is inhaling.
Nemo pumps only the exact pressure, volume, and flow rate that the diver needs at their particular depth which means it uses just a fraction of the energy of any other underwater breathing system.
Nemo Online Dive Training Course
Learn about diving techniques before Nemo Diving by taking the Nemo Online Dive Training Course, available for free to anyone at any time at diveblu3.teachable.com. This course was specifically designed for Nemo Diving with the help of experts in the field of diving. It is required that all users complete the course with a passing score prior to Nemo Diving.
Dive flags are used to signal that a diver is underwater. The Red and White flag is used in the United States, Canada, and some other countries. The Alpha flag is used in most other countries around the world.
Always check the dive flag regulations for where you’ll be Nemo Diving and make sure to install the proper flag style so that boating traffic will steer clear while your underwater. If you travel, you may find it useful to have one of each – choose “Both Dive Flags” from the drop down menu above!
The Nemo Backpack
This feature-rich backpack was designed specifically to carry Nemo wherever the call of the water beckons. These stylish packs are made out of textilene, a sturdy and resilient material that looks great too. Includes pockets for your flotation tube and dive flag. Nylon blanket unfolds to give you a mat while setting up for your dive.
The Nemo Backpack comes in your choice of black or white.
OTS Spectrum Full Face Mask
The OTS Spectrum can be used to eliminate the bite down mouthpiece of the Nemo Smart Reg. The Spectrum adapts to the Smart Reg by inserting the Smart Reg into the Spectrum and securing with a zip tie. With the Spectrum, users can breathe through their mouth or nose, with no need to bite down on the mouthpiece. The mask seals around the user’s face for extreme comfort and warmth.
Other benefits of the Spectrum Full Face Mask: no jaw fatigue, no dry mouth, double seal for a better fit, five point head harness and the option for communications systems. Add on the Spectrum GoPro Mount if you have a GoPro you’ll use to film your dives with Nemo.
Who can participate in Nemo Diving?
Prior to Nemo Diving, ALL Users must:
- Read and understand the Nemo Owner’s – Users Manual
- Complete the Nemo Fitness to Dive Evaluation
- Complete the Nemo Online Dive Training Course
All Users must be able to:
- Swim 200 yards without stopping, without a time limit
- Tread water for 10 minutes continuously
- Users must be 8 years of age or older to Nemo dive, but are restricted to diving in a swimming pool only, in water shallow enough so that they can stand with their head above the surface of the water.
- Users must be 10 years of age or older to dive outside of the pool.
- Users under the age of 18 must have parental or guardian supervision at all times.
Nemo comes with a One Year Limited Warranty. Click the link to read more.
On this page you can select your dive flag(s), backpack color, and opt for extra batteries. Now you can even choose to include an OTS Spectrum Full Face Mask! However, you may need some more gear for your Nemo Diving kit.
Here’s a few additional items that are useful for Nemo Diving. Make sure to always check back here for fun, new accessories!
- SEAC Nylon Buckle Rubber Belt: Weight belts are used to achieve neutral buoyancy underwater. This weight belt is comfortable and durable. Learn how to properly use a weight belt while Nemo Diving in the Nemo Online Dive Training Course.
- Mouthpiece Cover: This mouthpiece cover will help protect the mouthpiece on your Smart Reg during storage and transportation.
- Spare Air®: The smallest redundant SCUBA system available with enough air to get you to the surface in an out-of-air situation.